Monday, June 16, 2008

Are You Focused?

As I sat at home this weekend and experienced one of the greatest feats in golf I have ever seen, I saw a excellent commercial.

I love golf. I love to play it when I can and I love to watch it, especially when Tiger's playing. There is just something about him that makes you go WOW!

Now, I've noticed, like many, that he has something that not too many other people have. Well, I guess I can't say that they don't have it, they just don't harness it like he does.

FOCUS. Undeniable, laser focus.

Bum knee - no big deal.

Down by one on the last hole - no big deal.

Down by one on the last playoff hole - once again, no big deal.

His ability to see what will happen and focus on it and keep it in his head so strong until it appears is what separates him from the field. Yes, all the other players have the skills and everything it takes to be a pro, but they just don't seem to have this type of focus.

Are you focused on what you want and what you are doing?

What is it that you are focusing on?

Watch this commercial narrated by Tiger's late father Earl. Listen to his words, especially near the end.

Is this you? Could you have this kind of focus?

Yes, yes, yes.



Congratulations Tiger Woods on another step closer to history. And thank you for the lessons you have taught and continue to teach.

No comments: