Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Movies and You

I'd like to first off take a minute and welcome everyone to July. It's hard to believe that 2008 is over half complete. How has your year been thus far? Are you going where you wanted? Are you getting what you focused on? Keep working on it and it will certainly manifest.

Now, back to my reason for today's post. Does this have anything to do with network marketing or MLM or home business?

I tell you what you decide for yourself, but this has everything to do with life. Your life.

I was originally going to write about a different topic that I was inspired to write after listening to Diane Hochman on a training call last night, but I was moved today.

Today I took the day off from my job and took my 3 kids to the free summer movies at our local theater. And boy am I glad that I did.

What did we see? Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium with the great Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman and Justin Bateman. At first I really felt that this would be a great movie for the kids, but as I continued to watch and "decode" if you will some of the story, I was moved.

This movie is not about some crazy man and his magic toy shop. No, it's about life and what we do with it. You see he is in his last days on schoolhouse earth and is giving the store to Portman's character, Molly Mahoney. While you think that this is a sad departure, he is trying to get her to believe in who she really is and that the music that she has tried to put on paper has always been inside of her, she just needed to believe that she could do it.

You see, you have to believe in yourself and others before others can believe in you. How strong is your belief in yourself? In others?

One of the greatest lines in this movie is when Magorium is talking to Molly and he tells her so simply, "Life is an occassion...rise to it." Wow, what a great line. I, personally, will write this everyday and reaffirm it to myself.

Life is a great occassion and you must rise to it. Believe in yourself and your abilities. Continue to read, learn and develop and become who you were meant to be. The music is inside of you, just let it out for the whole world to see. Don't let your last words on schoolhouse earth be, I wish I could of...

Be who you were meant to be, do what you were meant to do and you can have all that you were meant to have.

If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest renting or even buying "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium". Watch it with the kids. Watch it without the kids. Look and listen for the life lessons hidden in this great film.

We weren't put here just to get by. Be a legacy, leave a legacy. What story will your grandkids have to tell about you? Rise to the occassion.

Until next time, I love you and you know that I do. God bless.

No comments: